Pakistani lawmakers approve resolution against Indian atrocities in held Kashmir
The House severely condemned the statement of Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj called Occupied Kashmir and integral part of India while this is a disputed territory. "the resolution further says the Modi government has a history of threats but these will not deter Pakistan from supporting the cause of Kashmiris", read the resolution moved by Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) leader Naveed Qamar.
The resolution also mentioned Pakistan’s desire to have good relations with neighbouring countries.
The statement by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi regarding the Indus Water Treaty was also condemned in the resolution.
Since July, India security forces have martyred over 115 Kashmiris while thousands have been injured. Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif raised the issue of Indian atrocities in Occupied Kashmir at the United Nations General Assembly and during meetings with world leaders.
In what is being viewed as a measure to divert attention from the human rights abuses in Kashmir, India without any proof has blamed Pakistan for the Uri attack.
- Pakistan administers over 1 million COVID vaccines in a day12:48 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Sindh govt to bear medical expenses of Liaquat Ali Khan’s ailing son11:58 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat faces police complaint over lashing out at traffic cop ...10:55 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Turkey imposes 10-day mandatory quarantine for travellers from ...10:14 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Falak takes Sarah on shopping spree (VIDEO)09:00 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021