Pakistan ready to extend all-round cooperation with SCO member states: Ahsan Iqbal
Iqbal, who also holds the portfolio of Minister for Planning, Development and Reform, stated this during a meeting with SCO Secretary General Rashid Alimov at its headquarters on the sidelines of the Interpol General Assembly meeting in China.
Welcoming the federal minister, the Secretary General appreciating Pakistan's membership of SCO, which it achieved in June this year, said that the expansion of the organization has given a new momentum and strength to work for the development of the region.
The minister thanked the Secretary General for supporting Pakistan in getting membership.
He underlined that with deep-rooted historical and cultural links as well as strong economic and strategic goals, Pakistan was poised to play a greater role for peace, security and development of the region. He assured the Secretary General of Pakistan's support in his endeavors.
General Assembly of Interpol
On September 26, Ahsan Iqbal attended the opening ceremony of 86th General Assembly of Interpol, He reaffirmed Pakistan’s commitment to cooperate for peace and security at regional and global levels, adding that Pakistan was following an inclusive developmental agenda.
He highlighted that Pakistan has achieved significant success in eliminating the menace of terrorism during the last four years and is willing to share its experiences, which it has learnt during the war, with the international community.
He stressed on a need of a collaborative approach to defeat terrorism and other crimes.
Ahsan Iqbal said China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) will usher economic opportunities that will be helpful in bringing peace and development to conflict-hit region.
Pakistan had secured full membership of the SCO in June 2017, which was announced by Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev in his inaugural speech during the 17th SCO summit.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, addressing the summit, said, "The SCO goals resonate with Pakistan's national ethos, and so do the core values of the Shanghai spirit and the SCO charter with our own quest for peaceful neighbourhood."
He had also thanked the founding members including China, Russia and others for their staunch support to Pakistan.
"As leaders, we should leave a legacy of peace and amity for our future generations, not a toxic harvest of conflict and animosity. Instead of talking about counter-weights and containment, let us create shared spaces for all," PM Nawaz urged SCO heads of state.
- Pak Suzuki increases prices of all its passenger cars11:37 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Deepika Padukone gears up for own stunts in SRK starrer 'Pathan'11:06 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Ahmed Khan shares the simple secret for Social Media Marketing Success10:51 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Sharmila Faruqui comes face to face with Nadia Khan for mocking her ...10:21 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Virat Kohli breaks two records of Indian cricket, surpassing three ...09:50 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- UK man who advertised himself on matrimonial billboards gives an ...06:45 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Video of Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain riding an elephant goes viral06:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Xulfi accused of plagiarising Coke Studio’s ‘Tu Jhoom’ melody05:00 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021