3 killed, several injured in multiple car crash due to fog in Okara
According to details, the incident took place in the wee hours when visibility was reportedly low due to dense fog cover.
A number of cars collided with each other and initial investigation shows that high speeds and low visibility may have led to the unfortunate accident.
Rescue officials said emergency rescue personnel managed to take out the dead bodies and the injured with much difficulty while a crane was brought in to separate the vehicles from one another.
The injured were rushed to nearby hospitals, rescue officials added.
Parts of Motorways Closed
Dense fog continues to blanket plain areas of Punjab and disturb the air and road traffic thus causing closure of several sections of motorway on Friday morning.
According to a spokesman of the Motorway Police, M-1 from Peshawar to Rashakai, M-2 from Lahore to Kot Muhammad, M-4 from Pindi Bhatian to Gujara have been closed.
There is also dense fog on National Highway at Patoki, Okara, Sahiwal, Multan and Bahawalpur and on GT Road at Gujranwala and Mureedkay, Private news channel reported.
People have been asked to avoid unnecessary traveling while drivers are directed to use fog lights during foggy conditions.
- Mahira Khan’s new beach video goes viral07:28 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Imran Khan announces countrywide protests after 'sexual abuse' of ...06:54 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Mathira sets temperature soaring with new bold video06:30 PM | 19 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022