Telenor invites applications for Youth Forum-2015
Young opinion leaders from 13 countries are expected to gather at the event which would have topic "Knowledge for All." Announcing call for entries for Telenor Youth Forum-2015, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Telenor Pakistan, Michael Foley, said Pakistani youth has all potential to change the world with their innovative ideas.
He said Telenor Pakistan was providing yet another platform to the youth to enthral the whole world with their abilities. The competition, which is in its third year, is in line with our ambition to bring Internet for All - encouraging the digital generation to use mobile communication technology to improve lives, drive growth and empower societies.
He said last year, Telenor Pakistan selected Maaz Imran and Sadaf Amin to represent Pakistan at Norway initiative. Previous events were known as Telenor Youth Summit.
From 2015 the Forum aims to transform into an ongoing conversation that is both physical and digital, and not confined to the Oslo event alone. With regard to candidates, he said, ideal candidates for Oslo event are young opinion shapers, up to the age of 28 years, with fresh perspectives and strong voices.
Expertise within a given field is not required, but proficiency in English and interesting insights into how digital communication impacts people, learning and society at large is expected, Mr. Foley said. He said two candidates will be selected from each of the 13 countries where Telenor Group is present.
Local selection processes will recommend a short list of up to 4 candidates while selection of final two candidates travelling to Oslo will be made by an international selection panel consisting of representatives from civil society, academia and top management.
The final 26 delegates attending the Youth Forum will be announced in November. He said the event offers youth a global stage, opportunities to meet and discuss with leaders and luminaries within their fields and a social and professional experience of a lifetime.
- US jury finds ex-cop Derek Chauvin guilty of murder in George Floyd ...03:15 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad01:13 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Trophy unveiled ahead of first T20 clash (VIDEO)11:42 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran wishes India’s Manmohan Singh speedy recovery from COVID-1911:00 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021