SC bars private schools from collecting fees for summer vacations
During the hearing of the case on Thursday, Salman Akram Raja and Shahid Akram represented the owners of private schools , however, the top judge decided in favour of parents and children, remarking that the bench was mulling to nationalize the pricey private educational institutes.
Mian Saqib Nisar further observed that for the first time the children would feel happy over the ruling, advising parents to spend the saved amount for the entertainment of the children.
The court also directed to issue a public notice regarding the verdict so the concerned quarters can be informed.
He shared that more number of students are enrolled in private schools than state-owned institutes adding that either the bench would decide the fee structure or the government should pay handsome amount to parents for education .
'It is the fundamental right of children to get an education and according to Article 25 of the constitution, the state is bound to provide education to the citizen for upto sixteen years,' remarked the judge.
During the course of the hearing, the top judge addressed Shahid Hamid and inquiry about the salary of a grade-18 officer.
To this, the counsel replied that it must be somewhere between Rs 0.4 to 0.5 million though he was not sure about the exact amount.
Upon this, the chief justice felt irked and responded: For God's sake, it is Rs 1,18,000 per month, adding that if such an officer wishes to get his children admitted in private schools , he would have to pay Rs 90,000 per month.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019