SC bars private schools from collecting fees for summer vacations
During the hearing of the case on Thursday, Salman Akram Raja and Shahid Akram represented the owners of private schools, however, the top judge decided in favour of parents and children, remarking that the bench was mulling to nationalize the pricey private educational institutes.
Mian Saqib Nisar further observed that for the first time the children would feel happy over the ruling, advising parents to spend the saved amount for the entertainment of the children.
The court also directed to issue a public notice regarding the verdict so the concerned quarters can be informed.
He shared that more number of students are enrolled in private schools than state-owned institutes adding that either the bench would decide the fee structure or the government should pay handsome amount to parents for education.
'It is the fundamental right of children to get an education and according to Article 25 of the constitution, the state is bound to provide education to the citizen for upto sixteen years,' remarked the judge.
During the course of the hearing, the top judge addressed Shahid Hamid and inquiry about the salary of a grade-18 officer.
To this, the counsel replied that it must be somewhere between Rs 0.4 to 0.5 million though he was not sure about the exact amount.
Upon this, the chief justice felt irked and responded: For God's sake, it is Rs 1,18,000 per month, adding that if such an officer wishes to get his children admitted in private schools, he would have to pay Rs 90,000 per month.
- Govt will ensure Pakistan fulfills its enormous maritime potential, ...01:22 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020