Court records witness statement in corruption reference against Zardari
Zardari’s counsel Farooq H Naik also appeared in the court. The court after recording the statement of the prosecution witness adjourned the hearing till November, 2.
Talking to the media outside the court, Farooq Naik said that the illegal assets case against his client was instituted in 1997 while the trial started in 2000.
He said that accountants of Sakrand Sugar Mills and Ansari Sugar Mills were also witnesses in the case, who have told the court that share certificates of these two sugar mills were not in the name of Mr Asif Ali Zardari.
“We have filed an application for acquittal and statement of only one witness has yet to be recorded. Later we will request the court to conduct proceeding on the acquittal application,” the counsel stated.
- Security forces arrest five TTP terrorists in Sindh11:02 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- TLP protests – Sheikh Rasheed arrives in Lahore for third round of ...10:30 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Pakistan team practice in Harare ahead of first T2010:18 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- China establishes world's largest 5G mobile network09:38 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- How many Pakistanis are expected to perform Hajj this year, reveals ...08:55 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Justin Bieber all set for a cameo in Friends: The Reunion Special05:31 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021