AIOU opens new admissions from February 1
Vice Chancellor Dr Shahid Siddiqui has approved an admission plan that includes setting up prospectus’ sale points at its main campus, regional and coordinating offices throughout the country.
He also directed the Admission Department to provide maximum facilities to the applicants in taking the admission in their desired discipline as well as ensuring availability of admission forms at nearest places. He also advised all regional directors to set up special camp at their offices for the guidance of the students.
He assured the applicants that proposals and complaints will be properly addressed. For this purpose, Information and Complaint Centre at the main campus has been activated.
Admissions forms and prospectuses could be obtained from the Sale points at the University’s main campus, 44-Regional Campuses and around 100- Coordinating Offices in various parts of the country, including Azad Kashmir and Northern areas.
Admission forms along with the required fee can be submitted at the nationwide branches of First Women Bank, Bank Alfalah, Allied Bank and at the designated branches of National Bank of Pakistan and Muslim Commercial Bank. The detail of designated branches is available in the prospectuses as well as in the Regional Offices.
According to Director Admissions Syed Zia-ul-Hasnain. admission forms and prospectus of Matric, FA and BA level programmes for overseas Pakistanis in the Middle-East would be placed at the University’s website del.aiou.edu.pk.
Computerised admission forms have already been sent to all the continuing students. The University will also place the same at its official website.
In all, about seventy programs will be offered. the admission plan includes nine new degree-level programs from BEd to PhD, in order to expand the scope of studies keeping in view latest educational trends and market’s requirements.
The fresh PhD program is being offered in Management Sciences, besides post-graduate diploma of one year- duration in criminology and Population and Development. Two Master-level programs in Environment Science and Botany are also being introduced. There will also be BS-level programs in Statistics, Mathematics and Physics.
About five professional and functional certificate courses will also be offered for the coming semester in various disciplines including Librarianship, Agriculture, French Online and short-term educational programs.
Master-level courses are being offered in 19 disciplines that include Mass Communication, MA TV production, MEd (one year), Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, History and Sociology.
The University will also introduce a fresh B.Ed program from the coming semester, in accordance with the roadmap given by the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
The study duration of the B.Ed is now one and the half year, and the aspiring students will need to have at least sixteen years of education for their eligibility to take admission in this program.-Online
- ‘Ghabrana Nahi Hai’ – Kashif Zameer reassures Pakistanis of ...11:49 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan’s NSA rejects claims of back-channel diplomacy with India ...11:17 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Birthday of Islamic caliph Ali Ibn Abi Talib tomorrow10:00 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan to remain on FATF's grey list till June 202109:44 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Ali Xeeshan and wife Myra welcome first baby06:36 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Yasir Hussain opens up about his remarks on Nausheen Shah08:24 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021