Kabul claims Hafiz Saeed behind ISIS in Afghanistan, baffles Pakistani officials
The Afghan side confronted the Pakistanis with information that Hafiz Saeed, currently the former leader of Lashker-e-Taiba (LeT), was also managing the activities of the dreaded Islamic State in Afghanistan.
Afghan officials also reportedly sought Islamabad's cooperation in preventing ISIS terrorists from entering Afghanistan from Pakistan, United States government-funded Voice of America reported.
Pakistani journalists and officials are slightly confused regarding the latest disclosure as they think Afghanistan confused Hafiz Muhammad Saeed with Hafiz Saeed Khan, chief of the Islamic State of Khorasan Province (ISKP). ISKP is the Afghanistan arm of ISIS.
He, however, is not believed to be related to the LeT leader. He reportedly lost his life last year in a drone attack.
- Dutchwoman named world's tallest bodybuilder by Guinness World Records05:31 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Sheikh Rashid to watch Pak-India T20 match in Dubai04:20 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- FM Qureshi, DG ISI in Kabul to discuss bilateral ties with ...03:59 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Interior minister updates PM Imran on law & order, security03:25 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- 'Begum Shak Karti Hey' – Saba Qamar and Abrar Ul Haq share teaser ...02:59 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Dananeer Mobeen wins hearts as she recites Qaseeda Burda Shareef02:32 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira Inam glow at their dreamy mayoun ceremony01:11 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021