MPA Majeed Achakzai's remand extended in hit-and-run case
Judge Daud Khan Nazir extended the physical remand and sent it back to the police station for further interrogation.
Earlier, the MPA was sent on physical remand for five days on Saturday after a public outrage over the incident.
On June 24, police had arrested Achakzai following the charges of killing a policeman by running a vehicle over him.
PKMAP's Majeed Achakzai allegedly runs over, ... 12:20 PM | 23 Jun, 2017
QUETTA - A traffic police constable has tragically died after Member of Provincial Assembly (MPA) Dr Majeed Achakzai ...
Haji Attaullah Dasti, 42, a traffic sergeant was performing his duty on Shaheed Fayaz Sunbal Chowk on Tuesday evening when a vehicle ran over him. He was taken to Trauma centre but succumbed to injuries soon after.
Rumours of Compromise
The family of deceased sergeant Haji Attaulla have denied reports of compromise with MPA Majeed Khan Achakzai.
Son of late Ataullah, Moazzam Attaullah informed Geo News, “neither have we reached any agreement nor are we willing to compromise,” adding, “they (Achakzai`s representative) only came for Fatiha Khwaani. They gave us Rs200,000 as Eidi and gave us a blank paper which they asked us to sign and write that we have received the amount for Eidi.”
“They have taken the signature of my grandfather and uncle by deceit,” he claimed and further said: “We will not forgive our father's killer. The Supreme Court will avenge our father's death.”
Earlier an alleged agreement letter appeared on social media showing that the family has pardoned the MPA after taking as many as Rs 200,000 hence have decided to not pursue the case against the legislator.
Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Mian Saqib Nisar on Wednesday took notice of the death of on duty police officer.
The Chief Justice has summoned a detailed report from Balochistan police. Pashtoonkhwa Milli Awami Party MPA Dr Abdul Majeed Khan Achakzai’s vehicle was speeding along GPO Chowk intersection when it rammed into Traffic Sub-Inspector Haji Ataullah, who was rushed to a hospital, where he died from his wounds.
- Lower Dir’s civil judge suspended for allegedly raping woman10:09 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- PIA announces to operate 35 weekly flights to Saudi Arabia09:40 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan to take new census next year for 2023 general election09:18 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Two soldiers martyred during crossfire with terrorists in North ...08:26 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021