IHC declares void delimitation of constituencies in eight districts
Justice Umar Farooq announced the verdict on a petition against the delimitations exercise and declared void delimitations of districts Bahawalpur, Rahim Yar Khan, Jhang, Chakwal, Toba Tek Singh, Lower Dir, and Battagram after finding them in violation of the law.
The court announced verdicts on 40 petitions of the 108 complaints lodged against delimitations.
ECP releases list of new constituencies after ... 09:30 PM | 5 Mar, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has released the list of new constituencies after delimitation, ...
The petitioners had argued that standard procedures had not been followed in the delimitation of the constituencies.
The ECP's delimitations have faced severe criticism from political circles. A committee of the National Assembly had previously expressed its displeasure at the non-transparency of the exercise.
- A Star-studded Launch of the realme 8 Series Awaits with a ...06:59 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Historic as 4-year-old Pakistani girl becomes youngest Microsoft ...06:26 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- IHC rejects plea seeking cancellation of O/A level exams06:08 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Zimbabwe beat Pakistan by 19 runs in second T20I05:19 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani ACCA topper Zara Dar pens a heartwarming note about parents04:36 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II shares a thankful note on 95th birthday03:38 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Actress Sumbul Shahid in critical condition after contracting Covid-1910:01 AM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021