Pakistan clinch T20I series against Sri Lanka in historic match
LAHORE - Pakistan beat Sri Lanka by 36 runs in the third and final T20I at Gaddafi Stadium on Sunday, winning the series 3-0.
The match marked the return of the Sri Lankan team to Pakistan eight years after their team bus was attacked in the same city, forcing the suspension of international cricket in the country.
Pakistan rode on Shoaib Malik's 24-ball 51 to post a challenging 180-3 before restricting Sri Lanka to 144-9 in 20 overs.
Malik and Mohammad Aamir played a pivotal role in the home side's win over Sri Lanka.
Malik hit 51 off 24 balls. He smashed five fours and two sixes in his inning. Aamir, who was playing his very first match in Pakistan, took 4 wickets off 13 runs.
Umar Amin, who was the replacement of out-of-form Ahmed Shahzad, also played his due part today as he scored an impressive inning of 45 off 37 balls, in his inning three boundaries were scored along with a six on a strike rate of 121.62 runs.
Earlier on Sunday, Sri Lanka won toss and elected to field first in the final match of the three-T20I series at Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore on Sunday.
Pakistan made two changes, Umar Amin and Mohammad Amir come in for Usman Khan and Ahmed Shehzad. Chaturanga de Silva comes in for Ashan Priyanjan for Sri Lanka.
Amir is playing his first international match at his home ground.
Pakistan vs Sri Lanka , 3rd T20I started at 06:00pm PST.
Where to watch the match live?
The 3rd T20I between Pakistan and Sri Lanka is being broadcast live on PTV Sports, Ten Sports, and Sony Six HD.
Daily Pakistan is providing live streaming on en.dailypakistan.com.pk.
Pakistan: Sarfraz Ahmed (capt), Fakhar Zaman, Umar Amin, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Mohammad Hafeez, Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Mohammad Amir
Sri Lanka: Thisara Perera (capt), Dilshan Munaweera, Danushka Gunathilaka, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Mahela Udawatte, Dasun Shanaka, Chaturanga de Silva, Sachith Pathirana, Seekkuge Prasanna, Isuru Udana, Vikum Sanjaya
Umpires: Ahsan Raza (PAK) and Ahmed Shahab (PAK)
Tv umpire: Shozab Raza (PAK)
ICC match referee: Andy Pycroft (ZIM)
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019