CJP takes suo moto notice of private universities in Punjab
A three-member bench headed by the Chief Justice of Pakistan, Justice Saqib Nisar heard the case regarding the degrees not being issued to the students of University of South Asia's affiliate college.
During the hearing, the representative of the Higher Commission Education (HEC) informed the top court that the University of South Asia made affiliations with colleges without seeking permission from HEC.
To this, the chief justice remarked, “They are defrauding people and have ruined the education system.”
“Since when are these universities operating and how much fees do they charge?” Justice Nisar further asked.
The chief justice said criminal cases should be registered for “opening campuses against the law”. “I will personally see who comes for their bail,” CJP further added.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:29 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest daily Covid death toll during fourth wave09:06 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 20 October 202108:39 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- US train riders ‘held up phones as woman was raped’, could face ...01:45 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Here’s how Pakistan Navy detected and blocked Indian submarine from ...01:20 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021