Indian state terrorism claims 355 lives in occupied Kashmir in 2018: IFJ report
According to Kashmir Media Service (KMS), the report released by the International Forum for Justice and Human Rights said 95 cordon and search operations took place in Kashmir in the year in which 120 houses were destroyed.
The report said a journalist, two mentally challenged men and a 14-year-old were also among the victims of Indian state terrorism. It said 355 Kashmiri Muslims and 95 forces’ personnel lost their lives in 2018.
The report stated that Musharraf Fayaz (10) died after getting injured in an explosion in Shopian in
January, while a pregnant woman, Firdousa lost her life to forces’ bullets. Senior journalist Shujaat Bukhari was also shot dead outside his office at the Press Enclave.
First-ever UN report on Kashmir calls for int'l ... 12:54 PM | 14 Jun, 2018
GENEVA - Indian security forces have used excessive force in Kashmir and killed and wounded numerous civilians since ...
The report said November has been bloodiest month in the year with 49 killings. It also marks April 1,
as the deadliest day, when 20 people were killed, while over 200 were injured in a single day in Kashmir.
“This year we saw 120 houses were razed to the ground. A house is a person’s lifelong investment.
Nobody will invite combatants to his house. We have filed petitions in this case, but there has been no reply. There is no policy to rehabilitate them. Justice bodies should take cognizance of it,” IFJHRJK Chairman Ahsan Untoo said in a media interview in Srinagar.
Meanwhile, the President of Jammu and Kashmir Council for Human Rights, Dr. Syed Nazir Gilani
has strongly condemned the continued killings by Indian forces in occupied Kashmir and has demanded
of the world, powers to take action against Indian brutalities.
Dr. Nazir Gilani in a letter addressed to the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, Michelle Bachelet, said, Indian forces used gunpowder to blow up a residential house in village Bon Hajin in Rajpora area of District Pulwama on Saturday 29th December 2018 and killed three Kashmiris.
- US envoy calls on PM Shehbaz, reaffirms commitment to strengthen ...09:53 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- World's highest polo festival kicks off in Pakistan's Shandur09:16 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan, India exchange lists of prisoners, fishermen08:15 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Maya Ali faces backlash for wearing revealing dress05:10 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Ramsha Khan sparks outrage for praising Ahad Raza Mir07:00 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- SidNaaz fans left teary-eyed with Shehnaaz Gill’s throwback video06:40 PM | 1 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022