Dr Zafar pays tribute to parents/guardians for making anti-polio drive successful
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister's Special Assistant on National Health Dr Zafar Mirza has paid tribute to the positive role of parents and guardians for making the recently concluded anti-polio drive successful.
In a statement, Dr Zafar Mirza said that 43.9 million children were administered anti-polio drops during the anti-polio campaign and termed the successful results of the anti-polio campaign as proof that the program is once again in the right direction.
The Special Assistant said 260,000 frontline workers participated in the recent campaign.
He said for the first time in history, the anti-polio campaign launched a health care helpline.
Dr Zafar said the incumbent government was committed to eradicate poliovirus from the country and save future of coming generations.
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020