PTI set to celebrate thanksgiving day at Parade Ground today
PTI Chairman Imran Khan had announced to hold a 'Youm-e-Tashakur jalsa' following Nawaz Sharif's disqualification as prime minister by the Supreme Court on Friday.
A stage has been set up for the party leaders and chairs have been placed for the participants. Lighting and sound system has been installed to thrill the PTI workers.
The parade ground has been decorated with party flags and banners of the party leaders. PTI chief Imran Khan, Pervaiz Khattak and other party leaders visited the area and reviewed the arrangements.
The local administration issued a no-objection certificate (NOC) to the PTI for holding the public gathering. The rally is planned to start at around 6pm and last till 11pm, according to the local administration.
At least, 3,000 security personnel will be deployed as per the security plan issued specially for the day. Moreover, there are three ways set up for participants to enter Parade Ground.
Walkthrough gates have been installed at the entry points so that no one enters the venue without being checked for security.
A separate entry point has been made for women, where female security personnel will be present for frisking.
Islamabad Deputy Commissioner Capt (r) Mushtaq Ahmed told media traffic and security arrangements have been completed for the rally.
Tomorrow when record crowds come to our jalsa to thank Allah NS will realise nation is politically aware & are not fooled by his lies https://t.co/tNpaqhdTGX— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) July 29, 2017
The PTI chief, in a tweet on Saturday, claimed 'record' crowds will come to today's gathering to celebrate Nawaz Sharif's ouster.
- National Assembly abolishes electronic, overseas voting in latest ...01:43 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Watch: Indian PM Modi’s awkward handshake with Japanese host01:23 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Saudi Arabia to appoint labor attaché to Pakistan this year12:18 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Nepal’s Dor Bahadur Khapangi becomes world’s shortest teenager11:16 AM | 26 May, 2022
- Five ‘PTI workers’ dead, 18 security officials injured in Azadi ...10:30 AM | 26 May, 2022
- Why Saba Qamar rejected Bollywood films?07:22 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Amar Khan and Momal Sheikh's hilarious BTS video goes viral06:45 PM | 25 May, 2022
- ‘Pawri girl’ Dananeer Mobeen's new video goes viral02:07 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022