At least 17 martyred after Pak Army aircraft crashes in Rawalpindi
According to the ISPR, the aircraft crashed in the built-up area resulting in 12 fatal civilian casualties.
The crew members martyred in the incident, including two pilots, were Lieutenant Colonel Saqib, Lieutenant Colonel Waseem, Naib Subedar Afzal, Havaldar Ibne Ameen and Havaldar Rehmat. Twelve civilians were also got injured in the crash accident, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Rescue teams of Pakistan Army and 1122 reached the site immediately and started the rescue operation. The fire that broke out after the crash has been extinguished and the injured have been shifted to hospitals in Rawalpindi.
He directed the concerned medical staff to provide best medical treatment to the injured.
Emergency has already been declared in all hospitals.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Imran Khan has expressed grief and sorrow over the loss of precious lives in the aircraft crash in Rawalpindi.
He commiserated with the bereaved families and prayed for the recovery of those injured in the incident.
- Pakistan observes World Tourism Day with focus on rural development11:38 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Hindus demand Pakistan take India to ICJ over Jodhpur killings10:05 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan backs Azerbaijan, says Armenia must stop its military action09:33 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Faisalabad Police committee to probe Talal Chaudhary attack08:57 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Microsoft buys Bethesda for $7.5 billion08:18 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- 5 Ways to Define and Enhance Your Eyes While Wearing a Face Mask06:55 PM | 27 Sep, 2020
- ‘I don’t consume narcotics nor promote consumption of any such ...05:22 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Sajal Aly and Janhvi Kapoor send each other love on Instagram03:11 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020