CII women "protection" bill challenged in SC for proposing "light beatings" for disobedient wives
Barrister Zafarullah filed a petition in the apex court, challenging the CII-proposed bill, stating that it placed a number of "curbs" on women including their social interactions, in addition to recommending "light beatings" for disobedient wives.
The petitioner also said that Islam did not permit violence of any kind against women, adding that the CII had been recommending bills in complete neglect of the Islamic principles.
- Mirza Ishtiaq Baig included in PML-N’s economic advisory council06:12 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Canadian vlogger Rosie Gabrielle wants everyone to know that Pakistan ...05:53 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- GSV overwhelmed by PFL franchise bids from around the world05:43 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video goes viral04:35 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Hareem Shah unveils the face of her lover in latest post04:15 PM | 20 Sep, 2021