By-election: PML-N’s Matloob Mehdi claims victory in NA-63 Jhelum-II; PML-N’s Ch Yousuf Kaselia wins PP-232 Vehari-I
According to the unofficial results, PML-N’s Ch Yousuf Kaselia who got 51233 votes has won Vehari, for PP-232 by-election.
STAY TUNED FOR UPDATED RESULTS
The by-polls in two constituencies of National Assembly and Punjab Assembly were held in District Jhelum and District Vehari. Both seats were declared vacant by the Election Commission of Pakistan.
The polling process began at 8:00am and continued till 5:00pm without any formal break.
Polling was held in a peaceful manner amid strict security arrangements made by police, Rangers and Army.
Strong contest were witnessed between Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf and Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz. In NA 63 Jhelum, total Polling Stations are 314, and 157 in PP-232.
Total four candidates, including an independent contestant, participated in the run for NA-63.
The seat fell vacant due to the death of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz MNA Iqbal Mehdi. The ruling party has now nominated his son, Raja Matloob Mehdi, for the by-election.
Chaudhry Fawad Hussain is contesting the by-election on the ticket of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and Jahangir Mehmood Baig on Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) ticket.
There are over 427,000 registered voters, including about 229,000 male and 198,000 female constituents in the NA constituency. For which, the ECP would establish 314 polling stations (124 combined, 95 for male and female each).
The ECP announced by-election at PP-232 Vehari-I constituency after PML-N MPA Chaudhry Muhammad Yousaf Kaseliya was de-seated by the Supreme Court for hiding his assets.
There are total eleven contestants for PP-232 by-election; however, the main candidates are Chaudhry Muhammad Yousaf Kaseliya of the PML-N and Ayesha Nazir Jatt of the PTI.
The provincial assembly constituency has over 191,000 registered voters, while there are 109,181 male and 81,911 female voters among them. A total of 157 polling stations will be established for polling process.
- Cop martyred, two militants killed in Islamabad shootout02:43 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- SSGC General Manager terminated for harassing female employees02:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Blast derails passenger train in Balochistan’s Sibi, several injured01:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Indian PM Modi trolled over teleprompter faux pas during WEF speech ...01:22 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Sajal Aly's brother pens a beautiful birthday message for his sister10:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Sania Mirza all praise for the lovely bond between Anushka Sharma and ...07:30 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021