Pakistani designers dazzle at Fashion Parade, USA
NEW YORK - Fashion Parade opened its doors to New York City at Christie’s at its inaugural event in the United States this week. The star-studded fashion show exhibited the work of six South Asian designers including Ali Xeeshan, Faiza Samee, Kamiar Rokni , Elan , Delhi Vintage Co and Rabani and Rakha by RAAZ.
Designer Faiza Samee stayed true to the process of hand block printing, and using her innate sense of colour, she created beautiful printed textiles. With modern silhouettes reflecting a strong ethnic base, Faiza Samee collection was surely a hit.
Ali Xeeshan showcased his collection titled ‘Choke’. The collection was created with eclectic hand-loomed Egyptian cotton. The aim of the collection was to increase understanding of the plastic pollution problem so more sustainable solutions are found and more people and organisations should take action to stop plastic pollution and live plastic-free.
View this post on Instagram
FASHION PARADE NEW YORK . Ali Xeeshan Theater Studio has been laboriously working to highlight serious consequences of plastic on the environment to bring you the collection “CHOKE” aiming to increase understanding of this issue to empower through fashion. The marine life isn’t the only being choked by plastic but every time someone litters mindlessly, it’s their conscience that’s choked by ignorance. #ChokeUpWithRage @fashionparadeofficial #NewYorkFashionParade #saynotoplastic #fashionparade #newyork #CHOKE #alixeeshansignature #plasticpollution #lifeinplasticnotfantastic #staytuned
Elan collection titled ‘Le Doux Poison’ was meticulously executed with larger than life silhouettes. The collection was a modernist take on traditional aesthetic, destined to create a dramatic presence on the runway. Kamiar Rokni presented ‘conversations’, a collection that draws from visual and decorative elements across cultures, conversing on craft and identity to represent commonality over discord.
Having a talk with media officials, Creator and Event Director for Fashion Parade, Sadia Siddiqui said: “Fashion Parade will change the narrative and perceptions toward fashion designers in South Asia, who are exceptionally talented but not well-known in the West. We are about celebrating diversity.”
View this post on Instagram
Fashion parade Newyork. Plastic pollution is an issue that outweighs the conveniences offered by plastics and the throw-away culture. Ali Xeeshan Theater Studio has been laboriously working for months to highlight serious consequences of plastic on the environment to bring you the collection CHOKE aiming to increase understanding of this issue to empower through fashion. The result of the prolonged usage of this detrimental material means that about 2 million plastic bags are used every minute. Single use plastic accounts for 40% of the plastic produced every year where their usage might be merely of some minutes to an hour but they may persist in the environment for hundreds of years! Not only is the general environment negatively affected by plastic but also the ecosystem is vastly threatened. It kills 1.1 million seabird and animal every year to the extent that now 700 species of marine life are facing extinction! Every time someone litters mindlessly, it’s their conscience that’s choked by ignorance. #ChokeUpWithRage Featuring @sohaialiabroofficial @fashionparadeofficial #NewYorkFashionParade #saynotoplastic #fashionparade #newyork #CHOKE #alixeeshansignature #plasticpollution #lifeinplasticnotfantastic #staytuned #sohaialiabro
Over the last five years, Fashion Parade has represented South Asian fashion in London with events at the Kensington Palace, Saatchi Gallery and Mandarin Oriental. It is a creative platform that celebrates diversity while bridging cross-cultural divides by bringing talented artists into the global limelight as designers and fashion experts collaborate under one creative avenue.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019