Pakistani designers dazzle at Fashion Parade, USA
Designer Faiza Samee stayed true to the process of hand block printing, and using her innate sense of colour, she created beautiful printed textiles. With modern silhouettes reflecting a strong ethnic base, Faiza Samee collection was surely a hit.
Ali Xeeshan showcased his collection titled ‘Choke’. The collection was created with eclectic hand-loomed Egyptian cotton. The aim of the collection was to increase understanding of the plastic pollution problem so more sustainable solutions are found and more people and organisations should take action to stop plastic pollution and live plastic-free.
Elan collection titled ‘Le Doux Poison’ was meticulously executed with larger than life silhouettes. The collection was a modernist take on traditional aesthetic, destined to create a dramatic presence on the runway. Kamiar Rokni presented ‘conversations’, a collection that draws from visual and decorative elements across cultures, conversing on craft and identity to represent commonality over discord.
Having a talk with media officials, Creator and Event Director for Fashion Parade, Sadia Siddiqui said: “Fashion Parade will change the narrative and perceptions toward fashion designers in South Asia, who are exceptionally talented but not well-known in the West. We are about celebrating diversity.”
Over the last five years, Fashion Parade has represented South Asian fashion in London with events at the Kensington Palace, Saatchi Gallery and Mandarin Oriental. It is a creative platform that celebrates diversity while bridging cross-cultural divides by bringing talented artists into the global limelight as designers and fashion experts collaborate under one creative avenue.
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Indian numerologist comes up with a ‘cure’ for coronavirus09:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Petroleum prices to remain unchanged as PM Imran rejects OGRA's ...09:38 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartfelt note about ‘soulmate’06:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021