Pakistan PM warns 'tough action' against people fanning sectarianism
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday thanked the nation on peaceful observing of Ashura, however warned "tough action" against those fanning sectarianism.
"I want to thank our nation for the peaceful observing of Ashura in the country...
Unfortunately, information has come to me of elements who tried to ignite flames of sectarianism on this occasion," the Prime Minister tweeted.
I want to thank our nation for the peaceful observing of Ashura in the country. However, unfortunately, information has come to me of elements who tried to ignite flames of sectarianism on this occasion and I will be taking very tough action against them.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) August 31, 2020
The Prime Minister warned that strict action would be taken against those involved in spreading hate among different sects.
"I will be taking very tough action against them," he said.
Earlier, he mentioned the great sacrifice of Hazrat Imam Hussain and asked the Kashmiri people to get inspiration from Karbala.
- Zimbabwe to visit Pakistan next month for T20, ODI matches06:25 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- 81 students test positive for coronavirus in Punjab06:17 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- GB Legislative Assembly elections to be held on November 1504:00 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Two Pakistani soldiers martyred in India firing at LoC03:52 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Tapsee Pannu defends Anurag Kashyap against sexual harassment ...03:43 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Mahira Khan looks flawless in latest pictures03:23 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Khalid Ahmad wins Best Actor Award at Harlem International Film Fest02:27 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- You’re not exactly Mother Teresa: Shaniera Akram takes a dig at ...01:25 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020