Over 50 senators attend Bilawal's lunch as opposition gears up to oust Sanjrani
ISLAMABAD - More than 50 senators from Pakistan peoples Party, Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz, National Party, Pakhtunkhwa Milli Awami Party, Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam, Awami National Party, and former Fata attended the lunch hosted by Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on Wednesday.
After the lunch, PPP chief Bilawal told reporters that Sanjrani still had time to voluntarily resign if he wanted, terming that it would be a good decision.
PTI seeks support from Fazlur Rehman to save ... 08:37 PM | 24 Jul, 2019
ISLAMABAD - The ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf finally sought the support from Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (F) leader Maulana ...
The lawmaker affirmed that the opposition had gathered enough numbers to de-seat the Senate chairman.
On the other hand, Leader of the House in the Senate Syed Shibli Faraz also made it clear today that Sanjrani was not resigning, saying he will fight the election "till the last man [and] the last moment".
The opposition’s joint candidate for Senate chairman, Mir Hasil Bizenjo, told newsmen that he had already won the day his name was put forward.
Claiming to have the support of 65 opposition senators, Bizenjo too suggested Sanjrani to resign.
Bizenjo also hosted dinner for senators from the opposition benches which was attended by PML-N leader, Maryam Nawaz, Shehbaz Sharif, JUI-F leader Maulana Fazlur Rehman, PPP Chief Bilawal Bhutto Zardari besides others.
Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly Shahbaz Sharif met Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazl chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman today.
During the meeting, both the leaders discussed the no-trust move against the Senate chairman and the future strategy of the opposition.
The two leaders also discussed the overall political and economic situation of the country.
- Coronavirus — PIA announces to resume flights to UAE08:34 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- CJP Gulzdar orders formation of more accountability courts08:19 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Federal govt takes decision about reopening schools across Pakistan07:49 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- PHC employees ordered to refund illegally drawn BISP aid06:44 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Protect labour class from impacts of COVID-19, Pakistan urges the ...06:14 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Sajal Aly pens an emotional note to celebrate the third anniversary ...01:17 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Johnny Depp takes legal action against British tabloid over 'wife ...12:51 PM | 8 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali pens a heartfelt birthday note for her mother11:36 AM | 8 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020