PM Abbasi calls for execution of political decisions through polling stations instead of courts
Addressing a ceremony to mark the inauguration of two projects in Dera Ghazi Khan, the premier expressed that the decision of the people could never be wrong as it held the highest value.
"There are appeals on court decisions, some are not accepted by history," PM Abbasi asserted in his speech.
Without mentioning his predecessor Nawaz Sharif, Khaqan Abbasi continued that the people who worked for the country were taken to the courts emphasizing that this tradition needs to be broken.
“A country where a politician is not respected cannot prosper.” the premier opined and added that a strong political setup was necessary for the growth of a country.
The legislator repeated his claims that the Senate election was not transparent inquiring: Should our senators be those who buy votes from other people? Should the chairman be a person who bought votes?
The premier highlighted the achievements made by the incumbent Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz government and compared it with the stints of former President Pervaiz Musharraf and Asif Ali Zardari.
Earlier, the premier laid down the foundation stones of two important projects in Dera Ghazi Khan; Northern Bypass and Rakhi Gajj Bewata Section 1.
The bypass will help to smooth the traffic flow in the city which is strategically situated at the converging point of all the four provinces.
Two major national highways N-55, Indus Highway and N-70 (Multan-Qilla Saifullah), as well as four provincial highways, pass through the city, blocking the arteries of the city.
About 2.5 million people will benefit from the project - which will be constructed in 18 months - with an average daily traffic count of around 5,000 vehicles.
Moreover, the Rakhi Gajj-Bewata section is extremely important as it connects Punjab with Balochistan as the shortest route, Geo News reported.
- LoC: Four children among 11 injured after Indian shell hits AJK ...12:01 AM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Will Nawaz Sharif return to Pakistan for mother’s funeral?10:33 PM | 22 Nov, 2020
- Fever rules Fakhar Zaman out of NZ tour09:53 PM | 22 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan announce 35-man squad for New Zealand 2020/2109:20 PM | 22 Nov, 2020
- Not so Pop! What went wrong with VELO Sound Station?11:45 PM | 21 Nov, 2020
- Indian comedian Bharti Singh, husband arrested for possessing drugs08:46 PM | 21 Nov, 2020
- New Pakistani couple start life journey with a puff!06:33 PM | 21 Nov, 2020