Yemen requests Saudi Arabia to send ground troops as chaos continues
The ground forces are the necessity of the time and we have made a formal request to Arab allies in this regard, the minister confirmed.
Saudi Arabia along with 21 Arab league nations has earlier launched “Operation Decisive Storm” against the Houthi rebels and intensive fight continues in different cities of Yemen.
At least 114 civilians have also died so far in the aerial strikes by Saudi-led forces.
The Houthi fighters and Saudi forces are also exchanging artillery on the Yemeni border along with Saudi Arabia.
Egyptian Navy is also part of the combat in the port city of Aden where US Navy is also assisting them, according to media reports.
Egypt and Saudi Arabia had expressed their readiness to send in the ground troops to fight the rebellion and restore the writ of the ousted president al-Hadi, who is currently residing in Riyadh.
Most of the western countries and United Nations have closed their diplomatic offices in Yemen since the aerial strikes have begun.
- PM Shehbaz Sharif, CM Hamza Shehbaz appear in Rs16b money laundering ...03:00 PM | 28 May, 2022
- OIC concerned over life imprisonment for Kashmiri leader Yasin Malik01:20 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Govt announces criteria for ‘Sasta Petrol’ relief package12:40 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Pakistan observes Youm-e-Takbeer today12:00 PM | 28 May, 2022
- New Zealand PM pays tribute to Pakistan's Benazir Bhutto at Harvard07:07 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022