Anti-judiciary tweets: Notices issued to Pemra, Maryam
The petition was filed by Amina Malik of the Civil Society Network, with reference to recent tweets of Maryam Nawaz, which allegedly are against the judiciary.
According to the petitioner's counsel Azhar Siddique, Maryam and her father have been using contemptuous language since the trial began in the accountability court as directed by the Supreme Court in Panama Case.
Honourable judges were right, the decision will be remembered for decades, as a bad example. Murder of justice will have its consequences. pic.twitter.com/bOTSjhQT39
— Maryam Nawaz Sharif (@MaryamNSharif) November 16, 2017
جناب والا! کوئی جلدی نہیں، سب جلدبازیاں صرف نوازشریف کے لیئے تھیں کیونکہ نوازشریف کے خلاف فیصلہ کرانے کے لیئے 'عدل' کے نئے پیمانے بنائے گئے pic.twitter.com/7oRJTSogjw
— Maryam Nawaz Sharif (@MaryamNSharif) November 14, 2017
Siddiqui said that Maryam had been trying to defame the judiciary, which amounts to clear contempt of court. It was the duty of Pemra to stop airing the contemptuous statements given by Maryam but the authority miserably failed to do so.
Amina Malik's counsel argued that the judiciary has complete jurisdiction over all the issues of a judicial nature and there shall not be any inappropriate interference in judicial process or any inappropriate comments on the judicial decisions.
The lawyer asked the court to issue a notice to the Maryam Nawaz and Pemra, under contempt of court charges and also punish Maryam and the responsible individual from the regulatory authority under the law.
Justice Shahid Karim issued notices to the respondents for December 20.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa to hear contempt case against Fawad Chaudhry on ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Babar Azam’s ‘late glance’ shot is new sensation on social ...08:09 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021