SCO Summit: Pakistan, Russia agree to forge multi-dimensional partnership
The agreement emerged on Thursday when Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi held a meeting with Russian counterpart Dmitry Medvedev here in Sochi.
Abbasi reached Russia Thursday evening to attend the 16th meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization's (SCO) Council of the Heads of Government (CHG). Abbasi is participating in the CHG meeting following an invitation extended by Medvedev.
The prime minister underscored that Pakistan attached priority to its ties with the Russia, adding the country wanted to enhance cooperation in fields of energy.
During the meeting, the two sides expressed satisfaction over strengthened bilateral relations and agreed to deepen a long-term and multi-dimensional cooperation between the two countries, Radio Pakistan reported.
Both the leaders also reached an agreement to continue efforts for establishing peace in Afghanistan.
- US jury finds ex-cop Derek Chauvin guilty of murder in George Floyd ...03:15 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad01:13 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Trophy unveiled ahead of first T20 clash (VIDEO)11:42 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran wishes India’s Manmohan Singh speedy recovery from COVID-1911:00 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021