Most Pakistanis trust the government "to do what is right for the country," reveals latest Gallup survey
The survey conducted by Gilani Research Foundation and Gallup also reveals that as much as 25% of Pakistanis (from among 69%) have 'a lot of trust' in what the government was doing while 44% said they somewhat trust.
The survey conducted in four provinces encompassing both male and female population asked: “How much do you trust the national government to do what is right for Pakistan; a lot, somewhat, not much, or not at all?”
In response, 22% said they did not trust it much and 8% said they did not trust the national government at all while 1% did not know or wish to respond.
The survey was carried out among a sample of 1719 men and women in rural and urban areas of the country from January 21 –January 27, 2018.
The widespread majority (69%) of people, trusting the government might appear as a surprise to political commentators owing to the fragile situation of the country with US threat looming at one end and economic turmoil shaking the confidence of investors on the other end.
- realme C25Y makes a comeback on an amazing price of Rs28,99904:35 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- IHC larger bench discharges contempt notice against ex-PM Imran Khan02:15 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Shahnawaz Amir’s remand extended in Sarah Inam murder case01:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- CM Pervez Elahi inaugurates Punjab Ehsaas Rashan Riayat Programme12:47 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:53 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's post workout glow leaves fans stunned09:02 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022