KP journalist shot dead
Malik Aman Ullah was on a visit to a village Lunda Sharif from Naivela on Tuesday when the two bike riders opened fire at him in the precincts of the Gomal University Police Station, Naya Daur reported.
The 35-year-old was a tehsil correspondent of Daily Meezan-e-Adl and died on the spot. Though police have yet to ascertain the reason behind the murder, the case seems to be of targeted killing as Malik recently shared a story about the alleged corruption in a local sugar mill on his social media profile.
The victim’s father did not nominate any individual in the FIR and said the family didn’t have enmity with anyone.
Journalists in Pakistan brave death threats and intimidation in the line of duty while some of them are also murdered at the hands of influential individuals for not toeing the desired line.
- 7 inspirational small business ideas by young entrepreneur Faizan ...10:47 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- NAB arrests Khursheed Shah’s son in asset beyond means case (VIDEO)10:31 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shahrukh Khan becomes the only Pakistani cadet to graduate from US ...09:50 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Watch: Donald Trump lookalike singing, selling ice cream in Pakistan09:34 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Sonali Bendre proudly shares transformation on Cancer Survivors’ Day05:51 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Waseem Abbas reflects on Mahira Khan-Firdous Jamal controversy04:44 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Shah Rukh Khan gets back to work for 'Pathan' shooting04:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021