Azadi March’: Army spox responds to Maulana Fazl’s tirade against State of Pakistan
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan Army's spokesperson on Friday reacted to the fiery speech of Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl's chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman, urging him to name the institutions he has talked about in his address.
Earlier today, the JUI-F head while addressing the protesters of the so-called Azadi March demanded Prime Minister Imran Khan to resign within two days.
Rehman went on to say that his party does not want a clash with the institutions of the country but also expects them to be impartial. But he did not clarify which institutions he is talking about.
Azadi March: PM Imran given 48 hours to resign 05:55 PM | 1 Nov, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman addressing the charged participants of the ...
"If we feel that the institutions are protecting these illegitimate government of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), then after the end of two-day deadline we should not be stopped from making an opinion regarding the institutions," he told the protesters.
Major General Asif Ghafoor, Director General Inter-Service Public Relations, talking to a private news channel said that Rehman should take its issues to the institutions concerned in order to resolve them under the laws and the Constitution of Pakistan.
He clarified that army is an impartial national institution, adding, "We are supporting the elected government within the limits described in the Constitution".
The military spokesperson said that hurling accusations will not be a solution to problems, adding that any challenge to the stability of the country will not be tolerated.
He highlighted that Operation Radd-ul-Fasaad was underway to ensure lasting peace in the country. "We bring peace to the country by sacrificing our lives".
- Pakistani police hunt PM Imran Khan's nephew over PIC attack11:41 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan to chair 63rd session of UN Commission on Narcotic Drugs09:54 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- TCM: Pakistani scientists successfully test first traditional Chinese ...09:22 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan ranked the world's best holiday destination for 202008:56 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran Khan meets Saudi crown prince on day-long visit08:39 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Brad Pitt addresses rumours regarding dating actress Alia Shawkat02:12 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Khuda Aur Mohabbat is coming again with season 301:59 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Tabla legend Ustad Ajmal Khan passes away in Islamabad12:50 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019