Linking of Indian spy's arrest with Iran must be avoided: Nisar
ISLAMABAD (Web Desk) - Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali says linking of the arrest of Indian spy with Iran must be avoided.
Talking to newsmen in Islamabad on Saturday evening, he said Iran has always supported Pakistan in every difficult time. He said both the countries can jointly bring stability to the region.
The Minister said Iran had nothing to do with the activities of Indian intelligence network.He urged media to be very cautious, while reporting on Pak-Iran brotherly relations. He said the issue of Indian agent would be taken to its logical conclusion.
Responding to media reports appeared in a section of media, he rejected any secret meeting of his and Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif with Army Chief General Raheel Sharif. He said they held a routine meeting in broad daylight, which could not be dubbed as secret.
Commenting on deletion of Pervez Musharraf's name from the Exit Control List (ECL), the minister said the government rejected Musharraf's plea for this purpose thrice. He said the government deleted Musharraf's name on court's observation.
Turning to handling of sit-in in Islamabad, he said the protesters were dispersed due to prudent strategy of the government and all the cabinet members were on the same page in that regard.
He said every step was taken with complete consultation of cabinet members and the prime minister was also onboard.
The Minister said the government handled the issue without shedding any drop of blood. He said Finance Minister Ishaq Dar and Railways Minister Khawaja Saad Rafique were consulted on the matter.
He thanked respected religious leaders hailing from Karachi, Rawalpindi, and Islamabad for their role in solving the issue peacefully.
The Minister said those, who destroyed public property would be dealt accordingly.
- Ali Zafar performs soulful rendition of Allama Iqbal’s 'Lab Pe Aati ...11:38 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- One dead, several injured in California high school shooting11:26 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Sharif family preferred money to Nawaz’s health: Firdous Ashiq Awan10:28 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Armed men placed to protect tomato farms from thieves in Sindh09:32 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Govt removes Dr Saeed Elahi as Chairman Pakistan Red Crescent Society08:29 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Kylie Jenner's alleged stalker sentenced to prison03:31 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas spend whopping $20 million on new home ...03:03 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Saddam Hussain is a real hero: Ahad Raza Mir02:37 PM | 14 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019