Linking of Indian spy's arrest with Iran must be avoided: Nisar
ISLAMABAD (Web Desk) - Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali says linking of the arrest of Indian spy with Iran must be avoided.
Talking to newsmen in Islamabad on Saturday evening, he said Iran has always supported Pakistan in every difficult time. He said both the countries can jointly bring stability to the region.
The Minister said Iran had nothing to do with the activities of Indian intelligence network.He urged media to be very cautious, while reporting on Pak-Iran brotherly relations. He said the issue of Indian agent would be taken to its logical conclusion.
Responding to media reports appeared in a section of media, he rejected any secret meeting of his and Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif with Army Chief General Raheel Sharif. He said they held a routine meeting in broad daylight, which could not be dubbed as secret.
Commenting on deletion of Pervez Musharraf's name from the Exit Control List (ECL), the minister said the government rejected Musharraf's plea for this purpose thrice. He said the government deleted Musharraf's name on court's observation.
Turning to handling of sit-in in Islamabad, he said the protesters were dispersed due to prudent strategy of the government and all the cabinet members were on the same page in that regard.
He said every step was taken with complete consultation of cabinet members and the prime minister was also onboard.
The Minister said the government handled the issue without shedding any drop of blood. He said Finance Minister Ishaq Dar and Railways Minister Khawaja Saad Rafique were consulted on the matter.
He thanked respected religious leaders hailing from Karachi, Rawalpindi, and Islamabad for their role in solving the issue peacefully.
The Minister said those, who destroyed public property would be dealt accordingly.
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019