Pakistan a victim of terrorism from Afghanistan: UN report
ISLAMABAD – A United Nations' report has endorsed Pakistan's stand about being victim of cross-border terrorism emanating from Afghanistan.
The report by Monitoring Team of UN Security Council Committee overseeing sanctions against Al-Qaeda and Da'esh expressed concern over the growth of terrorist organizations in Afghanistan and their impact on the region.
Pakistan has consistently maintained that certain terrorist elements have been targeting Pakistan from their bases in Afghanistan.
The Monitoring Team specifically mentioned that Tehreek-e-Taliban and Jamaat-ul-Ahrar regularly attack Pakistani border posts from their bases in Afghanistan.
Diplomatic sources say that the fact that there is no negative reference about Pakistan in the report, is a testimony to the wide international recognition of the effective actions taken by Pakistani security forces against terrorism.
- PM Imran pledges ‘big package’ for construction section to save ...01:28 PM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Another PIA plane carrying significant medical relief supplies from ...12:52 PM | 2 Apr, 2020
- SHC overturns Omar Sheikh’s death sentence, acquits 3 in US ...12:14 PM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Punjab wants to trial anti-malaria drug on coronavirus patients11:51 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 31 deaths; Coronavirus cases exceed 2,20011:22 AM | 2 Apr, 2020
- Hareem Shah to host a Ramazan transmission?04:25 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Van Gogh painting stolen from museum during virus shutdown04:03 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Kim Kardashian shares BTS of the nasty fight with sister Kourtney and ...04:01 PM | 1 Apr, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019