Pakistan a victim of terrorism from Afghanistan: UN report
ISLAMABAD – A United Nations' report has endorsed Pakistan's stand about being victim of cross-border terrorism emanating from Afghanistan.
The report by Monitoring Team of UN Security Council Committee overseeing sanctions against Al-Qaeda and Da'esh expressed concern over the growth of terrorist organizations in Afghanistan and their impact on the region.
Pakistan has consistently maintained that certain terrorist elements have been targeting Pakistan from their bases in Afghanistan.
The Monitoring Team specifically mentioned that Tehreek-e-Taliban and Jamaat-ul-Ahrar regularly attack Pakistani border posts from their bases in Afghanistan.
Diplomatic sources say that the fact that there is no negative reference about Pakistan in the report, is a testimony to the wide international recognition of the effective actions taken by Pakistani security forces against terrorism.
- Enablers set up very first Incubation Center in UMT05:13 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Aam Aadmi Party’s big victory over Modi’s BJP is not really that ...04:40 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- PM Imran warns world to take notice of India's ultranationalist ...12:51 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Riz Ahmed to debut play about his 'toxic breakup' with UK12:27 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Shaniera Akram shares her experience of working in debut film11:58 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Jaafar Jackson is amazed by Pakistani hospitality during visit11:55 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019