Pakistan a victim of terrorism from Afghanistan: UN report
ISLAMABAD – A United Nations' report has endorsed Pakistan's stand about being victim of cross-border terrorism emanating from Afghanistan.
The report by Monitoring Team of UN Security Council Committee overseeing sanctions against Al-Qaeda and Da'esh expressed concern over the growth of terrorist organizations in Afghanistan and their impact on the region.
Pakistan has consistently maintained that certain terrorist elements have been targeting Pakistan from their bases in Afghanistan.
The Monitoring Team specifically mentioned that Tehreek-e-Taliban and Jamaat-ul-Ahrar regularly attack Pakistani border posts from their bases in Afghanistan.
Diplomatic sources say that the fact that there is no negative reference about Pakistan in the report, is a testimony to the wide international recognition of the effective actions taken by Pakistani security forces against terrorism.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Umar Akmal’s appeal to be heard on July 13: PCB10:53 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020