Sharifs secure exemption for two more days in Avenfield reference
The co-accused in the Avenfield reference had applied for a week's exemption from physical appearance in the accountability court, however, the judge Muhammad Bashir did not entertain them fully.
He contended that during the court proceedings, only specialist's opinion (testimony) is acceptable, however, Radley did not inform the court about his qualification as he has been working in this field since 1976.
Robert Radley did not submit his Curriculum Vitae (CV) in the court before recording his statement, he argued before the judge.
Maryam's lawyer explained that Radley should have presented the CV in the record as it was already provided in the ‘Volume4’.
‘Identification of font’ is an expertise but Redley did not mention this skill in his CV,' lawyer Amjad Pervez claimed.
As many as three references have been filed against the former ruling family in line with the directives of Supreme Court, in the Panama Papers.
Nawaz Sharif and his sons Hussain and Hasan are accused in all three references – Hill Metal establishment, London flats and offshore firms – whereas his daughter Maryam and son-in-law MNA Capt (retd) Safdar are named in the Avenfield reference only.
Hussain and Hassan Nawaz are UK-based and have been absconding since the proceedings began last year, however, the former premier has been showing up regularly before the court of judge Muhammad Bashir.
- Indian man tells PM Modi to stop this ‘shameful act' immediately10:26 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Notices issued to five airlines including PIA for cancelling domestic ...08:11 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Dubai signs deal with India for investment in occupied Kashmir07:43 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan likely to hike electricity tariff by Rs2.65/unit06:48 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021