Sharifs secure exemption for two more days in Avenfield reference
The co-accused in the Avenfield reference had applied for a week's exemption from physical appearance in the accountability court, however, the judge Muhammad Bashir did not entertain them fully.
He contended that during the court proceedings, only specialist's opinion (testimony) is acceptable, however, Radley did not inform the court about his qualification as he has been working in this field since 1976.
Robert Radley did not submit his Curriculum Vitae (CV) in the court before recording his statement, he argued before the judge.
Maryam's lawyer explained that Radley should have presented the CV in the record as it was already provided in the ‘Volume4’.
‘Identification of font’ is an expertise but Redley did not mention this skill in his CV,' lawyer Amjad Pervez claimed.
As many as three references have been filed against the former ruling family in line with the directives of Supreme Court, in the Panama Papers.
Nawaz Sharif and his sons Hussain and Hasan are accused in all three references – Hill Metal establishment, London flats and offshore firms – whereas his daughter Maryam and son-in-law MNA Capt (retd) Safdar are named in the Avenfield reference only.
Hussain and Hassan Nawaz are UK-based and have been absconding since the proceedings began last year, however, the former premier has been showing up regularly before the court of judge Muhammad Bashir.
- British envoy denies role in cancellation of New Zealand cricket ...11:21 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- New Zealand PM asked Pakistan’s Imran Khan to postpone cricket ...09:56 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- ‘Hidden hands’ got New Zealand cricket team’s Pakistan tour ...09:36 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Bus Art Exhibit on Australia-Pakistan culture hits the road09:21 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021