NAB court reserves decision on plea in Park Lane corruption reference
ISLAMABAD – An Accountability Court (AC) on Thursday reserved its judgment on a petition challenging to add a local private company in Park Lane corruption reference against former president Asif Zardari, Faryal Talpur and others.
Judge Azam Khan conducted the hearing on the case filed by TRECOM Private Limited and subsequently reserved the decision after listening arguments from the both sides at large.
During the course of proceeding, the petitioner's lawyer Muddasir Khalid Abbasi pleaded that the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) had nominated his client's company in Park Lane reference connected with fake accounts scam in violation of the NAB Ordinance. He prayed the court to accept the plea.
However, the NAB prosecutor opposed the request and accused the company for preparing the valuation report due to which it had been made party in the case.
After this, the court reserved its judgment and adjourned the case till July 3.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020