SHC orders immediate closure of liquor shops across province for one month
On an application filed by PML-N lawmaker Dr Ramesh Kumar, the court rejected the report submitted by DG Excise Police Sindh and sought a detailed report into the sale of liquor and issuance of licences to liquor shops.
Until the submission of the report, the court ordered to shut down wine shops across Sindh.
MNA Kumar had claimed in his application that liquor was being sold throughout Sindh in the name of minorities although the Hindu religion barred consumption of alcohol.
He pleaded to shut down liquor shops in this regard.
Sindh high court gave 30 days' time to the authorities and directed them to formulate a proper mechanism to channelize the sale and licensing of alcohol in the province and submit a detailed report.
- US military tests AI software that can predict events, enemy’s ...08:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Hassan Afzal Khan appointed new Pakistan consul general for Dubai08:00 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- COAS Bajwa visits Baloch Regimental Centre Abbottabad07:18 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- 5.3 magnitude earthquake jolts Islamabad, parts of KP06:50 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- 9-year-old Dalit girl raped, murdered by Hindu priest, three others ...06:17 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Sarah Khan flaunts baby bump in new photos03:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021