Federal cabinet approves recommendations of FATA reforms committee
'The cabinet accords in principle approval to the recommendations of the FATA reforms committee' PM house said in a statement.
The cabinet accords in principle approval to the recommendations of the FATA Reforms Committee.— PML(N) (@pmln_org) March 2, 2017
The approval came during a crucial cabinet meeting under the chair of prime minister Nawaz Sharif and senior officials including K-P Governor Iqbal Zafar Jhagra.
According to sources privy to the developments, it was also decided that the Frontier Crime Regulation (FCR) will be repealed after a constitutional amendment.
On the occasion, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif said the people of Fata, Gilgit Baltistan (G-B) and Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) will get their due rights.
FATA reforms package was under discussion from last year but a consensus was not made. FATA reforms package was pulled out at hours before cabinet’s meeting on February 7.
- Aamir Liaquat spotted rebuking Karachi traffic cop publicly in viral ...11:24 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- UK court tells Pakistan's NAB to pay billions to Broadsheet by Aug 1310:16 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sindh SHOs permitted to take action against Covid SOPs’ violations08:45 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari shares his two cents regarding Sadaf Kanwal's item ...04:34 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021