Brother of PPP minister killed, 3 hurt in Lyari grenade attack
As per reports, the deceased was the brother of Pakistan Peoples Party MPA and provincial minister Javed Nagori.
Police said, the provincial minister remained safe in the attack while four other people sustained injuries. The injured were taken to a hospital for treatment where Akbar Nagori succumbed to his injuries.
Information Minister Sharjeel Memon condemned the grenade attack on Nagori’s office and directed the authorities to bring the terrorists to book.
Bilawal House Spokesman termed the attack as a huge conspiracy, adding that the enemies of the country couldn’t have digested PPP’s successful rally in Lyari.
Sindh Chief Minister Qaim Ali Shah has sought a report from the police into the attack.
Talking to media outside the Civil Hospital, DIG South Dr Jameel said that as many 32 gangsters were arrested in Lyari over the last 32 days.
He said that a huge cache of arms was also recovered on Thursday from Liaquat Colony area of Lyari. He said the grenade attack may have been a reaction over the police raids.
- JUI-F lawmaker Maulana Ayubi shares how to make alcohol ‘halal’ ...11:25 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- PCB celebrates Babar Azam’s birthday in style (VIDEO)10:59 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Aqeel, Bilal, Amna win double crowns in Sapphire Open National Tennis10:40 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Cooking oil prices increased by up to Rs110 per litre in utility ...10:22 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Zarnish Khan wants trolls to stop mocking Meera's English09:26 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Momal Sheikh leaves fans awestruck with latest pictures03:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam’s wife Sara Bharwana’s celebrates her birthday in style09:45 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021
- Celebrities who are gifted athletes05:57 PM | 5 Sep, 2021