Brother of PPP minister killed, 3 hurt in Lyari grenade attack
As per reports, the deceased was the brother of Pakistan Peoples Party MPA and provincial minister Javed Nagori.
Police said, the provincial minister remained safe in the attack while four other people sustained injuries. The injured were taken to a hospital for treatment where Akbar Nagori succumbed to his injuries.
Information Minister Sharjeel Memon condemned the grenade attack on Nagori’s office and directed the authorities to bring the terrorists to book.
Bilawal House Spokesman termed the attack as a huge conspiracy, adding that the enemies of the country couldn’t have digested PPP’s successful rally in Lyari.
Sindh Chief Minister Qaim Ali Shah has sought a report from the police into the attack.
Talking to media outside the Civil Hospital, DIG South Dr Jameel said that as many 32 gangsters were arrested in Lyari over the last 32 days.
He said that a huge cache of arms was also recovered on Thursday from Liaquat Colony area of Lyari. He said the grenade attack may have been a reaction over the police raids.
- Hike in gas price proposed ahead of winter season10:56 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Sindh court tells employees of power supply company to clean mosque ...10:01 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Huge economic transformation project for Karachi under CPEC launched08:56 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan slams India at UNGA, says Kashmir is not ‘internal ...08:13 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- First teasers of Yumna Zaidi, Azaan Khan and Sajaly Aly’s ‘Ishq e ...05:59 PM | 25 Sep, 2021
- Fatima Sohail spotted enjoying vacations in northern areas04:45 PM | 25 Sep, 2021