JUI-F to consider delay of anti-govt march as PML-N leaders convince Fazlur Rehman
ISLAMABAD - Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (F) Chief, Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman agreed to think over delaying the Azadi march, upon the recommendation of the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz.
Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz leaders met Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman on Wednesday in Islamabad after which the JUI-F supremo agreed to brainstorm on the suggestion, despite earlier affirmation that the march would not be delayed.
After meeting Fazl, PML-N leader Ahsan Iqbal said that his party needs time for preparations, adding that the JUI-F chief will put forth the reservations of the PML-N in front of the council to discuss.
The former interior minister said that a joint decision will be taken after consulting all the parties.
The embattled PML-N had already promised to support the Azadi March earlier, underscoring that in order to have the party workers come out in full force, it was necessary for the Azadi March to be delayed till November.
The PML-N delegation which met Maulana also included Ameer Muqam, Abdul Qadir Baloch and Sardar Ayaz Sadiq.
In a press conference after the meeting, the JUI-F chief said that a meeting of the party's central executive committee will take place on Thursday after which the response to the PML-N's proposals will be shared.
A day earlier, in a joint press conference with the PML-N, Pakistan Peoples Party announced that it seeks to ensure there is 'no unilateral action on a long march' to Islamabad.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019