UPDATE: 13 killed, over 40 injured in Mardan blasts
According to multiple media reports, the blasts occurred near the gate of local courts. Initially, there were reports of injuries, but the District Police Officer (DPO) Mardan has confirmed that 13 people, including two policemen have lost their lives in the blast. Faisal Shehzad maintained that the bomber was carrying a asuicide jacket which contained 6 to 8 Kg of explosives.
The police official maintained that the suicide bomber was about to enter the courts, but a police constable Junaid gun fired him avoiding a major catastrophe. The police personnel, lost his life in the line of duty.
The bombings also left over 40 injured. Three dead bodies were shifted to the Mardan Complex Hospital. The area has been cordoned off for preliminary investigations.
According to DPO Mardan Faisal Shahzad, the attacker was wearing a suicide vest which had 6-8 kilos of explosives. The DPO further said that the constable who was martyred had opened fire along the suicide attacker resulting in the vest detonating.
Police said they did not find any identity signs of the suicide bomber and his fingerprints could not be obtained as they were not open enough to carry any merit.
A DNA test is being done of the attacker, according to the police.
- PAKvWI: West Indies squad lands in Pakistan for limited-overs series11:34 AM | 9 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan Navy marks golden jubilee of Hangor Day with special ...11:17 AM | 9 Dec, 2021
- SnackVideo and PUBG Hashtag Challenge was a Brilliant Success10:42 AM | 9 Dec, 2021
- LHC acquits blasphemy convict after 11 years in jail10:26 AM | 9 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan reports first confirmed case of new coronavirus variant ...09:58 AM | 9 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars condemn Faisalabad incident08:42 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021