PML-N may lose another seat as ECP mulls re-election over low women turnout
A summary seeking a re-poll in NA-10 (Shangla) and NA-48 (North Waziristan) has been forwarded to the commission on the basis of the fact that the number of votes cast by women in the constituencies fall below the benchmark 10 percent of the registered votes.
In NA-10 (Shangla), Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz' Ibadullah Khan had secured 34,070 votes and was declared a winner, however, only 12,663 women from the total registered 162,049 female voters turned up to vote which was less than 10pc of the total votes.
PLM-N demands judicial inquiry into 'poll rigging' 10:50 AM | 30 Jul, 2018
LAHORE – Former ruling party Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has demanded the formation of a judicial commission ...
Similarly, in NA-48, the total number of registered voters was 274,205 but only 6,364 (8.19 pc) women turned up to vote. The seat was won by an independent candidate Mohsin Javed - who remained associated with Pashtun Tahafuz Movement - by securing 16,496 votes defeating the PTI’s Aurangzeb Khan.
There were many other constituencies where the turnout for women voters remained low, but above the yardstick of 10pc of the total vote.
Currently, Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz has 64 seats at the federal level, however, if the summary is approved, the tally would fall to 63.
- WATCH - Senior Muslim citizen beaten and has beard shaved by Hindu ...03:51 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Coaching camp conducted at Royal Palm Golf Club03:42 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Erdogan proposes joint Pakistan, Hungary mission in Afghanistan ...03:03 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Sindh nods to 20pc pay increase for govt employees, sets Rs25,000 ...01:50 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Sushant Singh Rajput's death confirmed as ‘suicide’ on first ...07:04 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021