Pakistan’s inflation rate jumps to 7.19 per cent in January 2019
On a month-on-month basis, the CPI increased by 1 per cent in January 2019 against December 2018.
The average inflation rate during July-January (2018-19) was recorded at 6.21 per cent over the same period last year.
Fuelling Fears: Increasing Energy Prices and the ... 01:52 PM | 8 Oct, 2018
At the end of September 2018, after just six weeks in office, Imran Khan and his financial wizard Asad Umar were faced ...
The PBS collects retail and wholesale prices and computes the CPI, Wholesale Price Index (WPI) on a monthly basis and Sensitive Price Indicator (SPI) on weekly basis. In January 2019 the CPI increased by 1%, WPI decreased by 0.21% while SPI increased by 0.41% respectively.
Rising electricity and liquefied natural gas prices and a spike in tomatoes, garlic and medicine were the main reason behind the January month-on-month inflation rise.
Pakistan’s inflation rate reaches 5.84 percent ... 05:36 PM | 3 Sep, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan’s annual inflation rate was 5.84 percent in August, barely changed from 5.83 percent a month ...
The CPI increased by 1 per cent in January 2019 against December 2018. The average inflation rate during July-January (2018-19) stood at 6.21 per cent over the same period last year.
During the week under review, average prices of 09 items registered decrease included garlic, LPG Cylinder, eggs, potatoes, masoor pulse, sugar, vegetable ghee (tin), red chilly and moong pulse.
While that of 15 items which recorded increase in their average prices included tomatoes, chicken (farm), bananas,onions, gur, milk (fresh), rice (irri-6), vegetable ghee (loose), mustard oil, beef, wheat flour (bag), tea (prepared), gram pulse, mutton and wheat. The remaining 29 items’ prices remained unchanged.
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Petrol price slashed by Rs7.06 per litre in Pakistan09:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020