Federal Budget 2016-17: Federal govt employees get 10% increase in salaries
Minister for Finance Ishaq Dar announced a 10 percent ad hoc relief allowance on running basic pay to all federal government employees with effect from first of next month. Ad hoc increases for 2013 and 2014 will also be merged into basic pays, Dar said, while presenting the FY 2016/17 budget in Parliament today (Friday).
He also announced a 10 % increase for federal government pensioners with effect from July 01, 2016. Government pensioners over the age of 85 will receive a net increase of 25 % .
Ex-Gratia Pension given to pensioners of former East Pakistan has also been increased from Rs. 2000 to Rs. 6000 per month for individuals, and from Rs. 1000 to Rs. 4500 per month for families, he added.
Dar said that for pensioners, senior citizens and widows who had invested in the Bahbood Scheme of National Savings, the upper limit of investment had being increased from Rs 4 million to Rs 5 million.
The total outlay to fund these increases in government pays and pension will require an increase of Rs. 57 billion on the previous fiscal year's outlay, he added.
- ‘Essentials of Modern/New Marketing’ book by Kotler Impact Inc. ...11:12 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- TikTok star Marvi Chaudhry booked in Islamabad man’s murder case10:50 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- UN speech — PM Imran cautions world against rising tide of ...09:27 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran reaffirms Pakistan’s unwavering support to Afghan peace ...08:58 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Faisal Iqbal cleared to rejoin Balochistan cricket team08:20 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities offer their respects to Dean Jones04:27 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Nimra Ali: Pakistan's new social media sensation04:08 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich break up 2 months after engagement11:33 AM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020