Pakistani Fintech entrepreneur wins international award at FiNext conference Dubai 2020
DUBAI - Adnan Ali, the first Pakistani CEO of Avanza Premier Payment Services (APPS) won the “Excellence in Finance Leaders”, an award for his significant contribution towards the financial sector, at the FiNext Conference, held recently in Dubai.
The award is not just an individual win, but a milestone for Pakistan, as it signifies recognition of domestic entities and talent on international forums.
FiNext Awards are one of the most prestigious awards in the world of finance was leading companies such as CareemPay, PayPal, Paytm and Dwollahave either participated in the conference or won the same award previously in Las Vegas in 2018 and in Singapore and Orlando in 2019. Shortlisting of the award nominees was conducted by FiNext’s team in the USA, the nominees included 25 Pakistanis and numerous global entrepreneurs.
Adnan Ali has 18 years of diversified experience and is considered to be a visionary in leveraging innovation and technology. He has many accolades to his name, such as launching Pakistan’s first Co-Branded loyalty card with Dolmen mall, envisaging the first real-time mutual funds redemption Visa debit card in Pakistan, working closely with Government of Pakistan, regulators, and the World Bank to conceive G2P program for Benazir Income Support Program.
He is the visionary and architect for the creation of an indigenous payment gateway; Payfast, which is PCI-DSS certified and offers acceptance of multiple instruments i.e. Bank Account Numbers & Mobile Wallets, Visa, MasterCard, and UnionPay Cards, synergized with UPI to procreate Mobile Payment’s revolution witnessed in China, implementing robust APIs for quick integrations, digital merchant onboarding and is steering APPS towards acquiring Central Bank License to become Payment System Operator/Provider.
Committed to being a catalyst for change in the financial sector, Adnan Ali hopes to continue this journey of impact by providing a variety of disruptive digital payment services in the years ahead. This could also prove to be pivotal for the realization of Prime Minister Imran Khan’s ambitions for Digital Pakistan and could expand the scope for technological innovation in the country.
- Pakistan calls for lifting restrictions in IoJ&K as COVID-19 pandemic ...10:58 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- German minister commits suicide 'over coronavirus'09:25 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Syria confirms first coronavirus death08:49 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 16 deaths; Coronavirus cases rise to 1,58907:30 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Spain's Princess Maria first royalty to die from coronavirus07:15 PM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019