NA Spearker Ayaz Sadiq fined for overspeeding on motorway
The motorway police intercepted the two vehicles of Sadiq heading to Islamabad from Lahore near Khanqa Dogran for violating the traffic rules and imposed a fine of Rs2,500.
Sadiq, who is a leader of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), has been a member of the National Assembly since 2002, representing Lahore.
In June 2013, Sadiq was elected as the 19th Speaker of the Assembly following retirement of Fahmida Mirza.
In a same kind of action, Police in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa capital city fined a member of provincial assembly for violating traffic rules on August 28.
Zareen Gul, who was elected to the provincial assembly from native Tor Ghar district PK-58, is a member of Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam.
A traffic warden stopped the MPA when he broke a traffic signal in the provincial capital and issued him a Rs200 ticket.
In the challan book, traffic officials mentioned 'unsafe driving' as the cause.
- Justice Qazi Faez Isa to hear contempt case against Fawad Chaudhry on ...10:36 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket squad leaves for Zimbabwe after successful South ...10:05 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Babar Azam’s ‘late glance’ shot is new sensation on social ...08:09 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Mustafa Jaane Rehmat – Atif Aslam's naat crosses 1.6 million views ...05:48 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Hira and Mani celebrate 13th wedding anniversary05:41 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021