15 kg heroin recovered from PIA plane parked at Karachi airport
According to the national flag carrier, the heroine was recovered from a plane parked in the hanger.
"PIA's security department, with the assistance of Anti-Narcotics Force, has recovered approximately 15 kg of heroin from an aircraft which was at the hangar in Karachi undergoing [a] C check," the PIA spokesperson, Daniyal Gilani, said in a statement.
'The matter is being investigated by all agencies concerned,' the statement added.
PIA, founded in 1955 staved off several attempts made to smuggle illegal drugs on its flights in the past.
In December last year heroine worth Rs 170 million was seized from a PIA aircraft, which was ready to take off for Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
On January 4, Airport Security Force (ASF) foiled a passenger’s attempt to smuggle heroin on a Saudi Arabia-bound airplane at Islamabad airport.
Heroine worth Rs. 7 million was recovered from a PIA aircraft in February 2017 as well, according to customs department spokesman.
PIA crew members have also been arrested in the past for attempting to smuggle narcotics on flights bound for international destinations
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 06 May 202108:49 AM | 6 May, 2021
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Watch: Filling station worker douses ‘robbers’ with fuel11:21 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Salman Khan and Disha Patani sizzle in Radhe title track10:07 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021