British leadership lauds Pakistan Army’s role towards peace in region
Later, the Army chief had separate meetings with UK Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) Air Chief Marshal Sir Stuart Peach, Special Representative on Afghanistan and Pakistan Owen Jenkins as well as US Resolute Support Mission (RSM) Commander General John Nicholson.
Matters of mutual interest including regional geo-political environment with special reference to Afghanistan came under discussion.
The UK leadership and RSM Commander appreciated and acknowledged the positive role played by Pakistan and Pakistan Army towards peace and stability.
COAS reiterated that Pakistan was a peace loving country and shall continue to play its part in bringing about enduring peace and stability in the region.
He also emphasized that peace in Afghanistan was a shared interest; Pakistan will continue its positive role and was ready to work closely with Afghanistan. He said Pak-Afghan bilateral border security mechanism was critically important and both countries need to formulate this at priority.
He shared various border control/management measures which Pakistan has undertaken and urged the requirement of similar measures on other side of the border to defeat common enemy.
COAS also highlighted that CPEC should be viewed as an economic maneuver since it aims at fostering inclusive development in best interest of the region and beyond. COAS also thanked UK leadership for their assistance during war on terror.
Upon arrival, COAS was received by UK CGS General Sir Nick Carter and given guard of honour at Horse Guards Square.
- Biden phones Netanyahu, Abbas as death toll in Israeli airstrikes on ...07:54 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone Tauktae – Heavy rains kill 4, affect over 42,000 in Sri ...06:14 PM | 16 May, 2021
- US forces leave key Afghanistan military base05:22 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone TAUKTAE 'will not make landfall on Pakistan's coastal belt'04:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021