Youtube, Facebook and Twitter banned by ECP
The ECP has decided to ban the use of Youtube, Facebook and Twitter within the office in order to avoid cyber attacks.
A notification has been sent to all provincial offices to block the social media sites on ECP networks in order to minimise the fear of cyber attacks.
"...the Competent Authority has directed to block social media websites (i.e. Youtube, Facebook, Twitter etc.) on all networks of ECP secretariat as well as PEC offices including field offices with immediate effect," reads the letter dated March 31.
It is important to mention here that ECP website has suffered from cyber attacks twice.
In 2013, an attack came at a time when the traffic on the website had increased ahead of general elections, due to take place in 41 days.
The ECP had stated that despite cyber attack all its data is safe and its website would be restored after they shift it on another server.
- Pakistan FM discusses Palestine issue with Chinese counterpart amid ...10:42 PM | 15 May, 2021
- UAE’s Etihad, flydubai airlines cancel flights to Israel amid ...09:23 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Israel destroys another Gaza building housing offices of Al Jazeera, ...07:52 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit turns 5404:47 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Here's what your favourite stars wore on Eid-ul-Fitr11:51 AM | 15 May, 2021
- ‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV artist Farooq Qaiser ...09:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021