Youtube, Facebook and Twitter banned by ECP
The ECP has decided to ban the use of Youtube, Facebook and Twitter within the office in order to avoid cyber attacks.
A notification has been sent to all provincial offices to block the social media sites on ECP networks in order to minimise the fear of cyber attacks.
"...the Competent Authority has directed to block social media websites (i.e. Youtube, Facebook, Twitter etc.) on all networks of ECP secretariat as well as PEC offices including field offices with immediate effect," reads the letter dated March 31.
It is important to mention here that ECP website has suffered from cyber attacks twice.
In 2013, an attack came at a time when the traffic on the website had increased ahead of general elections, due to take place in 41 days.
The ECP had stated that despite cyber attack all its data is safe and its website would be restored after they shift it on another server.
- How to be a star content creator08:53 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- For the first time in Pakistan's history, FBR wins a case of money ...07:53 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Top religious scholars condemn mob lynching of Sri Lankan national in ...07:01 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Celebrities sparkle at James Bond-themed party in Karachi04:33 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars express disgust and disappointment over Sialkot ...05:32 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- Sara Ali Khan reveals the type of husband she’s looking for10:59 PM | 3 Dec, 2021