200,000 Pakistanis to perform Hajj in 2020
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan and Saudi Arabia has signed the Hajj agreement deciding the number of Pakistanis who will perform Hajj next year.
The agreement was inked by Minister of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony Sahibzada Noor-ul-Haq Qadri and his Saudi counterpart Dr Mohammad Saleh Bin Taher Beten in Makkah Mukarma under which as many as 200,000 Pakistanis would perform Hajj 2020.
The Pakistani delegation led by the Minister held negotiations with Saudi Minister of Hajj and Umrah and demanded more facilities for Pakistani hujjaj, including increase of 20,000 to Hajj quota, expansion of Road to Makkah project to other Pakistani cities, to ensure quality food and better transport facilities for Pakistani hujjaj.
The Saudi minister decided to set up a 10 member Pak- Saudi Joint Working Committee for resolving the complaints of pilgrims. The Committee would issue on spot orders for resolving pilgrims' complaints.
About increase in Pakistan Hajj quota, the Saudi minister said there was dearth of space in Mina however final decision for quota increase will be made by higher authorities and Saudi interior ministry will be contacted for including more Pakistanis in Road to Makkah project.
The Pakistani delegation will sign more agreements on Thursday regarding providing different facilities to Pakistani hujjaj.
- PIA barred from flying to US over security concerns10:53 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan gears up efforts to tackle Covid-19 misinformation on social ...08:40 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- UK Visa Application Centres in Pakistan re-opening form July 2708:13 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- PTCL launches customer support services in Sindhi language07:20 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Asim Azhar's 'Jo Tu Na Mila' is a copy of Studio Ghibli production's ...02:04 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Veteran Bollywood actor Jagdeep dies at 8101:31 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Beyonce is an Italian, not African-American, US politician claims01:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020