No stay on CPEC-related projects, CJP orders Pakistani courts
The decision was made during special meeting of the National Judicial (Policy Making) Committee (NJPMC) on Saturday.
The CJP chaired the meeting in his capacity as the NJPMC chairman for consideration of Dispute Resolution Mechanism for the CPEC Projects. The meeting was attended by the members of the NJPMC, including judges of the Supreme Court, chief justices of high courts and the Federal Shariat Court.
According to a press release, the CJP informed the meeting that during his visit to China in 2017, the chief justice of the Supreme Court of China showed his concern over dispute resolution mechanisms to deal with likely disputes arising out of CPEC projects and “desired that some expeditious dispute resolution mechanism may be framed.”
After hearing the viewpoint of senior judges and some top bureaucrats who attended the meeting on special invitation, Justice Nisar directed the chief justices to advise civil courts that no ex-party stay orders are passed in respect of CPEC related projects. The meeting of NJPMC was held after a gap of more than two years while it is required to be held four times a year.
- Huawei executive freed by Canada arrives home in China12:40 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- National T20 Cup, Match 8: Central Punjab beat Khyber Pakhtunkhwa by ...12:14 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Video leak scandal ‘involving’ PML-N leader Muhammad Zubair hits ...11:25 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran underscores importance of making Karachi Coastal Development ...10:55 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Kabul airport ready for international flights, Taliban tell world08:39 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Mashal Khan breaks silence on receiving acid attack threats01:35 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Atif Aslam, Mahira Khan’s much-awaited music video released01:00 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Air ambulance for ailing Umer Sharif to reach Karachi tomorrow07:02 PM | 25 Sep, 2021