Interior Ministry rejects reports of attack on Gurdawara Janam Asthan in Nankana Sahib
NANKANA SAHIB – While dismissing reports of an attack on Gurdwara Janam Asthan in Nankana Sahib as "absolutely incorrect", a Spokesman of the Ministry of Interior clarified that nothing of the sort occurred at the Gurdwara.
The Spokesman said in a statement that "The insinuation that the Gurdwara was attacked is absolutely incorrect. In fact, this incident was the result of an altercation between the owner of a tea stall and customer".
The Spokesman said that the situation was absolutely normal and the media was free to visit and assess the situation itself.
"The law is being enforced and we are committed to providing security to all citizens," the statement said. The spokesman said that the government was committed to protect the rights of all citizens especially the minorities, adding, the opening of Kartarpur Corridor was a manifest example of Pakistan's commitment to respect for minorities.
According to details, two people namely Saqlain and Mumtaz Ali, the customers, had come to Zaman Malik Shop near Gurdwara Janam Asthan to take tea and were beaten by Zaman, Iftikhar and Adnan after they complained of a fly in the teacup.
SHO City upon receiving the report of the scuffle responded and took into custody the five persons involved in the scuffle and brought them to the police station for preventive action.
It is important to note that Zaman and Iftikhar (uncle of Hassan) had eloped with Aesha Bibi / Jagjeet Kaur d Adnan (brother of Hassan).
Imran (brother of Hassan) started a protest and gathered people on the pretext that they were being targeted because his brother had eloped with Sikh girl and had converted her to Islam.
He along with150 women and boys of the neighbourhood gathered in front of Gurdwara Janam Ashthan and staged the protest.
It is important to note that the issue was between two groups of Muslims and was related to the quality of tea alone, but Imran tried to turn it into a communal issue.
- Coronavirus — German Embassy makes announcement for Pakistanis ...06:51 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- AIDS patients being provided free treatment, Pakistan parliament told06:32 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Aamir Masood becomes air marshal as promotions in PAF announced05:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran approves 2nd phase of locusts control plan to compensate ...05:09 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020