Dr Ishrat Husain nominated as Chairman BOG, LEAD Pakistan
ISLAMABAD (Staff Report) - The Board of Governors (BOG) of LEAD Pakistan has nominated the former Governor State Bank of Pakistan (SBP), Dr Ishrat Husain, as its Chairman.
Dr Adil Najam, former Chairman, BOG, LEAD Pakistan, passed the baton to Dr Husain to assume the new role, in a BOG meeting on Wednesday.
"I feel very excited and happy, on assuming the responsibility as Chairman. For me this will be a learning experience because the development agenda is changing towards climate change, inclusive, and sustainable development. Association with LEAD will be quite an enriching experience," said Dr Ishrat.
"It has been a great honour to have served as Chair of the Board of LEAD Pakistan, which is a stellar board in all respects," said Dr Adil Najam, Dean, Frederick S Pardee School of Global Studies, Boston University.
"It is a board that brings together Pakistanis of the highest intellectual caliber and integrity. I am delighted that Dr Ishrat Husain, one of Pakistan's most brilliant minds, is taking over as LEAD's Chair and have no doubt that he will take the organization to new heights," he added.
Ali Tauqeer Sheikh, CEO, LEAD Pakistan, and Secretary BOG, welcomed the new Chairman. "Dr Ishrat’s guidance will significantly contribute to achieving unprecedented milestones towards the ideal of sustained leadership for environment and development," said Ali Tauqeer Sheikh, in a statement.
Other BOG members of LEAD Pakistan include Hasan Zaidi, journalist and filmmaker; Aamir Matin, IT professional; Marriyum Aurangzeb, Member National Assembly; Khawar Mumtaz, Chairperson, National Commission on the Status on Women; Professor Salim H Ali, University of Vermont; Shahnaz Wazir Ali, Trustee, Education Trust, Nasra Schools, Karachi; Samar Minallah, documentary filmmaker and anthropologist; Muhammad Masud Akhtar, CEO, KSB Pumps Company Limited; Rahat Kaunain Hassan, Senior Partner, Hassan Kaunain Nafees, Legal Practitioners and Advisers; and Jehanzeb Khan, Finance Secretary, Government of Punjab.
Dr. Ishrat Husain has just completed his eight year long tenure as Dean and Director of Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi. He served as the Chairman, National Commission for Government Reforms from 2006 to 2008, a designation at par with the status of Federal Minister.
He was appointed as the Governor of the State Bank of Pakistan in December 1999, where he served the maximum two terms lasting six years.
Dr Ishrat was conferred Pakistan’s prestigious award of Hilal-e-Imtiaz in 2003 and Nishan-e-Imtiaz, the highest civilian award in 2016, by the President of Pakistan in recognition of his meritorious public service.
- Chinese special flight carrying medical team, relief assistance lands ...05:49 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Social Distancing - the key to conquering Coronavirus05:46 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- US confirms more than 100,000 infections of coronavirus cases11:37 AM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019