Govt sets up complaint cell regarding destruction during recent protests
According to the Ministry of Interior, citizens can share pictures and videos of those involved in damaging state and private properties in the name of protests. They can share such pictures and videos on 0331-5480011 to help identify the rioters.
The ministry has assured that name and number of those citizens, who will share pictures and videos of violent protesters, will be kept secret.
The ministry on Sunday released initial pictures of the miscreants involved in vandalising property and harming common citizens during the demonstrations, which ended on Friday after the government reached an agreement with the protesters.
The ministry also appealed to citizens to cooperate with the police and the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) in identifying the rioters.
“We will release more pictures of those involved in rioting and destroying public property in the coming days,” a statement from the interior ministry read.
“The interior ministry received pictures from the special branch and other sources. We have asked the police and the FIA for their cooperation in identifying the perpetrators,” the statement had said.
It further requested citizens to inform the police and FIA after identifying the agitators.
The interior ministry had also directed the police and FIA to take action after identifying the perpetrators.
On Wednesday, protests broke out all across Pakistan after the Supreme Court of Pakistan delivered the verdict of acquitting Asia Bibi in a blasphemy case.
The demonstrations held by right-winged group Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP) paralyzed the country for three days.
The protests ended on Friday night after the government reached a controversial agreement with the TLP leaders.
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...08:34 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 29 November 202008:30 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- PDM workers storm Multan stadium ahead of Nov 30 rally11:49 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- OIC adopts Pakistan-sponsored resolution against Islamophobia11:36 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Mike Tyson returns to ring (Face-off VIDEO)11:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020